Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Bedroom Makeover

I'm thinking it is about time our bedroom gets a makeover. We have had our bedroom furniture for about 9 years...which I know is not long but I need a little change. We have lived in our house for 5+ years and I'm ashamed to say that we still have not done anything to our windows...they are screaming for window treatments. I would love to remove our wardrobe armoire and add a small desk and chair. Unfortunately, that means I will need to find a space for all the goodies in the armoire. Now, when you see the pics you will know that our bedroom is not big...at all! So, space is a big key in our room.

**Sorry no pictures of the bedroom yet- I will get them up soon! I am donated some things to my Junior League and they are currently everywhere in our room!

To-do list:
1. Paint the walls
2. Look for new bedding
3. Storage organization for underneath the bed - replacement for wardrobe
4. New bed...maybe! I really do not want to replace the bed my in-laws give us for our wedding present. However, I'm thinking I want an upholstered headboard.
5. Look for a desk and chair.
6. New nightstand.
7. Mirror...maybe a sunburst!
8. Chandelier

Is this enough or what? A big project...that I'm sure my husband is looking forward to starting!!! Yeah, right!

{Inspirational Rooms}

Honestly, I love everything about this room...classic clean lines...photo found here.


I love the upholstered headboard...I would even take the poodle...photo found here.


Check out that nightstand...not very handy to hide all my clutter though...photo found here.



Love the pop of orange - we could keep our dark walls and do something very similar...photo found here.

Love the chandelier and wall color...photo found here.


{Inspirational Pieces}

Calais Chandelier via here.

Borghese 3 Drawer Dresser via here.
Jett Desk - White Lacquer via here.

Desk & Chair via here.

3 comments:

Mel said...

A room makeover, fun!!! I love upholstered beds- I have a picture of one that I would like to get one day...

love the chair and desk!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love your blog, thanks for the sweet comments about mine! and so funny I have that first bedroom picture saved as my inspiration too. We just painted our room that blue and love it!

HellenCrescenti said...

We're making over our bedroom too! It's been a long process...we had our walls painted blue over a year ago!!! We're doing a beachy coastal cool theme. I have been on the hunt for the perfect white coverlet and I think I finally found one! Let's go shopping! XO