Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Orleans cottage


In the spirit of our trip today, I'm featuring a New Orleans cottage. This could be the place where we might move in the next few months (the city...not the house). I'm anxious to experience my first time in New Orleans. I know some people hate it and some people love it. I'm keeping an open mind about the trip and our move.
I will post more about our trip when we get back. Until then, please enjoy this charming cottage.


Loving the look of this parlor room (only in NOLA)...but somehow I'm thinking my books would not have the same effect.


I'm stalking the lanterns!

Clean, classic kitchen - love the bench at the island.
Also, don't think I didn't notice the Sucre bag on the counter...this place is a must this weekend!

Unique Pantry sliding door - an old New Orleans bank safe door


A charming sitting area in the Master Bedroom

Eyeing the chandelier and wallpaper in the Master Closet

Lyrics to Johnny Cash's "Flushed from the Bathroom of Your Heart" adorn the walls of the Guest Bathroom. Humorous people!!


Nice tranquil back patio


Photos via Cottage Living

2 comments:

The Southland Life said...

Love everything about it!!! Check out Julia Reed's House on First Street - its a good read about her experience living in NO.

HellenCrescenti said...

I happen to LOVE New Orleans!!