Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Favorite Cookbooks


1. Paula Deen - how can you not love this woman? Even though she puts enough butter and oil to make you gain 5lbs just looking at the recipe. However, I have never tried a recipe of hers that I have not loved. You must try her ooey gooey butter cake...and yes, it definitely has the butter!


2. Claire Robinson...5 Ingredient Fix...who doesn't want to save a little time in the kitchen? With only 5 ingredients, she has the easiest and freshest recipes. I adore her ricotta cheese pizza. Even with limited ingredients, she packs in the flavor.


3. Katie Lee...The Comfort Table - I'm a Southern girl who loves her comfort food...but I can't eat like that every day. Katie's recipes make it fun entertaining with the updated southern food.


4. The Neelys - If you have not watched them on the Food Network, you are missing a real treat. This pair is hilarious! I love their recipe "remixes"...for a little change on the southern staples. Can you tell I like southern food? It's a good road trip when we get to eat at Cracker Barrel.


6. Jessica Seinfeld - I adore everything about Mrs. Seinfeld...her style, her devotion to charity, and her cookbook. I purchased this book long before Miss Carter was around. I thought it would be nice to sneak some good fruits and vegetables in with our regular foods. I'm sure this book will come in very handy in the years to come.


7. Giada De Laurentiis (around our house it is just "Giada") - who does not use Giada's recipes? I love pasta and who could do it better than her. I never heard of mascarpone cheese before Giada.

1 comment:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love all your cookbook picks! Katie Lee Joel is my favorite, I have used the Comfort Table so much the pages are falling out of the cookbook. I am actually blogging about a soup today from that cookbook. I also adore Giada. I just started watching Claire Robinson, so I might have to pick up her cookbook- didn't even know she had one!