Saturday, September 18, 2010

Owls to Aprons

We have been busy planning Carter's second birthday party. We are using a "Pink Owl" theme. I think owls are adorable and my daughter loves pink! When I started the hunt for party supplies, I was getting a little discouraged because what I had envisioned I could not find! But I trudged on with the "super mom" mentality - I have this theme and I am going to make it work! Somewhere the page turned and I uncovered tons of owl options! They are some very talented people out there!

My mom (Dede) was here this past weekend. Of course, she came in town to visit Carter but I put her to work! I had lots on the list to accomplish before Carter's birthday and we did great...My mom's a hard worker!

We worked on these pretties. I got the idea from here. I think they turned out adorable.


A little wreath action...tutorial found here!

Dede made these adorable owls!

Even though we were busying with party decor, Dede made time to make this fabulous apron for dear Miss Carter. Carter may be getting a kitchen for her birthday...shhh don't tell her - it's a surprise!

We always have a great visit when Dede comes in town...but with Carter getting older it is sweet to see her interact with her Dede. She woke up the next morning after my mom left asking for her Dede. It broke my heart to remind her that Dede had to go back home to be with Papa. I just wish Carter lived close to all of her grandparents. Maybe one day...

1 comment:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I am so impressed! The little owls are adorable and the wreath looks fantastic! You are a super mom!