Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Heart is Breaking...


It's a sad day for me and my family.

Our beloved Copper past away this morning. As I'm writing this post, tears are running down my face. My Copper would have been 15 years old in April. He has been apart of our family since he was 6 weeks old. When I left my parents' home to marry Barrett in 2001, Copper followed me. He helped me adjust to married life in Memphis by having a little bit of home with me. He didn't complain when he moved from acres of roaming land to city living. He loved being around people and never met a stranger. Then when we moved to Orlando for Barrett's job, Copper handle the move better than I did. He has always been my buddy. Barrett has traveled a lot during our marriage and Copper has been my constant companion. When Carter came along, she instantly fell in love with Copper. They loved laying together...Copper would always want to be on her blanket. As I watched Carter grow, I saw where Copper became her buddy. She loved hanging on his back and chasing his tail. He was always so patient with her. I think he loved the extra attention he was getting.

I have had other dogs and probably will have more...but COPPER will always have a special place in my heart that never can be replaced. I will miss him terribly and I will hold close the pictures and memories I have of him.

















8 comments:

Abbie said...

Natalie - I'm so sorry about your dog. It is very hard to lose a pet as they truly are a member of your family! :(

Courtney said...

I am so sorry, Natalie :( We lost our lab Haley a couple of months after Will was born and I cried every night for weeks. They are family members and it is so hard! Otherwise, I hope you guys are doing well! I love checking in on you on here. Take care!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I am so sorry! It is so hard to lose a pet. Thinking about your family!

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about Copper-he was a very sweet dog!

Mel said...

O Natalie, I am so sorry! I cried when I read your post! I know your heart must be breaking. Love you!!

Cat said...

So sorry to hear about Copper from Barrett today. Hopefully you will find some comfort knowing all dogs go to heaven!

HellenCrescenti said...

Oh No! I am so sorry Natalie!!! I will call you soon. My heart is breaking for y'all. I will keep you in my prayers. Love you!

nLk said...

Natalie, I'm so sorry...sweet Copper.