Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Year Older...



This past weekend, we had Carter's Second Birthday Party at our house. It was an OWL theme party. I had so much fun planning this party. I thought it was a little different...and perfect for an outdoor party. The funny thing was the weather here in Orlando was warm in the days approaching the party...however, on the day of the party is turned down right CHILLY. The wind was blowing like crazy. It did warm up a bit and the wind seized right before the little guests arrived. I do want to say a BIG thank you to all my family for their amazing help. I would not have be able to get everything done on Saturday without their assistance! It was definitely a family affair!

The little guests had their own tables...with their boxed dinner full of Chick-fil-a nuggets, string cheese, mandarin oranges, scooby snacks and juice box. At their place setting, I put each of their party favors (mentioned below). I thought it would be sweet for each little guest's space to be personalized for them.



Welcome signs!

Table decorations: Owl Pinwheels & Felt Baby Owls


Dessert Table






Owl Pinata filled with balls, stickers, dinosaurs and butterflies.

My attempt at the birthday wreath.

The favors for the little party people: adorable owl muslin bags, owl hair bow, owl themed coloring book, homemade owl crayons and owl box full of scooby snacks.



Special thank you to all the wonderful vendors!

Happy Birthday Banner: Tweedle Dee Designs
Owl Dress: Vive La Fete from Carrot Top Clothes
Dinner Boxes: Garnish
Owl Print: Name Your Design
Owl Pillow: Target
Welcome Signs: love the day
Owl Pinwheels: twirlie whirlies
Cake Topper: Two Sugar Babies
Fondant Cupcake Owls: Cakes and Kids
Owl Cookies: CookieXchange
Owl Pinata: Birchangel Pinatas
Owl Hair Bow: ASEC Inc.
Owl Muslin Bags: Perideau Designs
Owl Scrapbook Paper: Adornit Paper from Create for Less
Coloring Pages: hjrd Designs

4 comments:

Mel said...

Everything looks so cute!!! You did a fantastic job- I'm sure Carter had the best time ever!

casey robertson said...

ADORABLE! I am obessessed with muslim bags right now. Love it all!

Melissa said...

It was such a fun party and everything you did was so cute and sweet. I was waiting on you to post before I did my own post on the party...I didn't want to steal your thunder : ) Thanks for inviting us!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

you did a great job! I love the owl theme! All the decorations and food are so cute!